Steps to edit or modify E-way Bill
Cancel E-Way Bill
Update Vehicle Number on e-way bill
While generating an e-way bill Vehicle number is optional. But, an e-way bill without the Vehicle number is not valid for the movement of goods.
The e-way bill portal provides you with the option of updating vehicle numbers, it can be used in the following cases.
- If the Vehicle Number was not entered while generating the e-Way Bill OR
- The goods are shifted to another vehicle/conveyance during transit due to break down or any transhipment.
Follow the steps to update vehicle number on GST e-way bill
Step-1 Go to ewaybillgst.gov.in, Login with your login credentials. Click on the e-way bill and select Update Part B/ Vehicle.
Step-2 On selecting Update Part B/ Vehicle the following screen appears. Here select the appropriate option and enter the e-way bill number and click on Go.
A list of filtered e-Way Bills will appear according to your choice. Select the relevant e-Way Bill for which you want to update the vehicle number.
Step-3 Fill in the relevant details on this page and click on Submit.
The e-way bill gets updated and if there are any errors it will be displayed on the screen.
Update Transporter ID on e-way bill
- Originally assigned Transporter/ seller who generated E-way bill can change/ re-assign the Transporter ID thereby replacing the existing transporter with a new transporter.
- If the originally assigned transporter assigns another transporter by changing the Transporter ID, then the seller cannot make any changes.
Here are the steps of re-assignment of another transporter:
Step-1 Under the e-way bill, select the Update EWB transporter option.
Step-2 Enter the e-way bill number and click on Go.
Step-3 Next, enter the new transporter ID (the name of the transporter appears automatically for you to check). Then, click on Submit.
The updated E-way bill appears on the screen. Click on Print to print the E-way bill.
How to cancel an e-way bill?
If the goods were not transported as per the details given in the e-way bill, then the generator of that e-way bill can cancel the e-way bill.
- E-way bills can be cancelled by the Generator of that e-way bill only.
- The time limit to cancel is within 24 hours of generating the e-way bill.
- Once cancelled, it is illegal to use such an E-Way Bill.
- If the e-Way Bill is verified by any empowered officer it cannot be cancelled.
Follow the below steps:
Step-1 Click on the e-way bill option and select Cancel from the drop-down.
Step-2 Enter the EWB number for which e-way bill you want to cancel and click on “Go“
With that, we have come to the end of this post.
Share with us your queries and opinions in the comment section below.