DSC Management Utility – Meaning, Uses, Procedure
DSC Managment utility - A complete guide
In this post, we will be discussing DSC Management Utility, including its functions and usage. We’ll discuss each section in detail :
What is DSC Utility?
Digital signature certificate is referred to as DSC. DSC utility is a tool for digitally signing official documents like income tax returns, TDS returns, and online PAN verification.
Uses of DSC Management Utility
The following are some uses for DSC:
- Used to file the income tax return
- Online PAN registration and verification also use DSC.
- It is also required for filing TDS statement online
For digitally signing the returns, the department has created a new system utility. This tool, known as the ITD e-filing DSC Management Utility, enables the user to use the DSC for filing purposes for IT, TDS, and other returns.You may download this tool and use it to sign returns on your computer.
Who should register the DSC on the Income tax portal?
- In order to e-verify their ITR (Income Tax Return), companies and taxpayers must use a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
- The DSC is necessary for taxpayers whose returns are subject to audits under Section 44AB of the Income Tax Act; for everyone else, it is optional.
- Individuals or professionals with gross receipts of more than Rs.25 lakhs, and businesses with a turnover of more than Rs.1 crore, are required to file electronically under section 44AB of the Income Tax Act.
Prerequisites for Register DSC on the new Income Tax Portal
- A taxpayer must be a registered user of the e-filing portal with a valid username and password.
- Installed the emsigner tool after downloading it
- It is necessary to connect the USB token to the computer.
- Use a Class 3 DSC USB token.
- The registered DSC must be active and should not have expired.
- DSC must remain in effect.
Register DSC on New Income Tax Portal
Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) service is available to all registered users of Income Tax e-Filing portal.Registered taxpayers can perform the following tasks through this service:
- Register DSC
- When a DSC registration has expired, re-register
- When the registered DSC has not yet expired, re-register
- Register the principal contact’s DSC.
We have reached the conclusion of this post on DSC Management Utility. Feel free to share your views and opinions with us in the comment section below.