Latest FVU version TDS return filling
Key features of latest FVU version 8.1
In this post, we will be discussing the most recent file validation utility versions 8.0 and 2.176, as well as their important features.
New FVUs Version 8.0 & 2.176 released by NSDL on 4th January 2023
A new version of File Validation Utility (FVU) for e-TDS/TCS statements was released by the department on 4th January 2023. In order to generate results in the most recent FVU, please update to the most recent version of SaralTDS (v23.00). FVU Version 8.0 – This applies to quarterly TDS/TCS statements from FY 2010-11 onwards. FVU Version 2.176 – This is applicable to TDS/TCS statements for the period between FY 2007-08 and FY 2009-10.
Banks who have migrated to e-Pay Tax Facility of E-filing portal [as of 7th January 2023]: Axis Bank, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, City Union Bank, Federal Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank,Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank,Punjab National Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India Note: Bold-Italic are “New Banks”. Others include “Migrated Banks” from Protean (formerly NSDL).
The last changes in FVU came in version 7.4 which are as below :
- Changes in validations for Section 194A
- Changes in validation for Section 194Q
Key Features from FVU 7.1
File Validation Utility (FVU) version 7.1 had the below key features:
1. Addition of new field under Annexure II of Form 24Q-Q4
- A new field “Whether opting for taxation under section 115 BAC [Yes/No]” has been added to Annexure II (Salary details) for Form 24Q-Q4.
- As long as the value in this field is ‘Yes’, the deductions listed below won’t be allowed under Annexure II.
- Deductions under section 16
- Deductions under Chapter VI-A [except for deduction under 80CCD(2)]
- Travel concession or assistance [section 10(5)]
- House Rent Allowance [Section 10(13A)]
- Under this field, if this value is ‘No’, then all existing Annexure II validations will apply.
- In the newly added field, values will be allowed only when the financial year is 2020-21 and Quarter 4 onwards is selected. For rest all prior FYs and quarters, this field is not applicable.
- The same rule will apply to both normal and corrected statements.
2. Addition of validation in form 27Q
- If “Dividend” is present in the field Nature of Remittances, then fields in Form 27Q such as “Email ID of Deductee,” “Contact Number of Deductee,” “Address of Deductee in Country of Residence,” and “Tax Identification Number / Unique Identification Number” are only necessary in the following situations :
- If the deduction rate is less than 20%
- Remark value as ‘C’
- PAN of the deductee is not available (i.e. ‘PANNOTAVBL’, ‘PANAPPLIED’ or ‘PANINVALID’)
- Value under field number 36 (i.e., the nature of remittances) includes dividends, interest payments, royalties, fees for technical services or included services, fees for long- or short-term capital gains, and fees for technical services.
- The same will be true for regular and correction (C3 correction) statements beginning in Y. 2020-21 Q3 onwards.
visuMay 9, 2023
i am filling the 4th quarter tds return of 27eq for the fin year 2022-23 fvu
doesnt generate how do way fuv file on the return